CDS Rib Rub
3 TBSP Cat Daddy Spice
1 TBSP Kosher Salt
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
1/2 tsp Paprika, Smoked
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Using a wire whip mix well while breaking up any clumps.
CDS St Louis Ribs
1 Slab of St. Louis Ribs
2 bttls. beer
1 bttl Carolina mustard sauce of your choice
1. First things first do not skimp on this step. Remove the membrane from the underside of the rib.(See video below)
2. Coat both sides of the rib with CDS Rib Rub. Preheat your smoker - 260 degrees. Pour one can of beer into the water bowl. Use apple wood for the smoke.
4. Make sure ribs are at room temperature when placing into the smoker set timer for 3 hours.
5. Spritz along the way with apple juice
6. After 3 hours - remove the ribs from the smoker and wrap in aluminum foil. Pour a quarter of the 2nd beer into the bottom of the foil then wrap and place ribs in smoker and set timer for 2 hours. Then pour the rest of the beer into the water bowl.
7. After two hours remove the ribs from the smoker open up the aluminum foil and proceed to baste with a nice layer of the BBQ sauce. Keep the ribs on the aluminum foil but leave the foil open and place back into smoker for 1 hour.
8. 1 hour is up remove the ribs from the smoker tighten down the aluminum foil and place ribs into a cooler for 1 hour and then you are good to go.